The process for procuring the right dog for any given role is as important as selecting the right home. The selection method starts before birth in many cases, as the abilities and attributes desired are usually passed down from parents to puppies. LISEN K9 will endeavor to source from proven breeders of consistent working, healthy and stable capacity dogs. The sections below describe the different levels of dog training that we offer to our clients.
The main priority for selection in this instance is the clients need to own the dog of YOUR dreams, we understand the importance in sparing no expense in finding the perfect match for your perfect home. All of our pet standard dogs will be health checked, environmentally stable and have a good foundation ensuring training ability and adaptability.
Recognised working dog breeds such as Malinois, Rottweiler, and German Shepherds; will be first choice when selecting the right dog, other dogs outside of these breeds may be considered if that individual shows exceptional promise. The following are attributes that are scrutinised when selecting the right dog:
· Health – To be aware of any hereditary illness that could hinder or shorten the service life
· Bone Structure – That the dog in question is built with functionality as its body types core design
· Temperament – That the dog in question is tested for the right drives and mental capacity to undergo successful training
· Training History – In the case of dogs that have already received training, that their level of training is assessed accordingly compared to the LISEN K9 standard.
LISEN K9 train dogs in the following fields:
· Personal Protection
· Patrol Dog
· Firearms Support Dog
· Active Drug Detection Dog
· Passive Drug Detection Dog